SEVA - Selfless Service
Seva is a Sanskrit term meaning "selfless service, along with a deep, heartfelt caring." Health Thru Yoga seeks to incorporate this practice into its mission through a variety of ongoing projects and activities, both ongoing and one-time. HTY seeks to help those in need, whether they be across the globe, in the USA, in our community, or next door. Click here for details on Health-thru-Yoga's commitment to SEVA.
Current and recent projects include:
- Haiti Relief personal health kits
- Sisters Place - a supportive community for homeless women.
- Men's Homeless Shelter (part of Northside Common Ministries) - providing and serving meals a few times a year
- International Medical Corps - raised $625 for Tsunami relief
- Education and Hope - sponsoring the education expenses of a Guatemalan child.
- Adopt-a-family - through the Salvation Army
- Women for Women - sponsorship of women from the Democratic Republic of the Congo in the quest to help them rebuild their lives after abuse
- Christmas Bags & Tags - construction and sale of decorating items to benefit Northside Common Ministries and the Pittsburgh Aviary. NCM provides a shelter for homeless men along with a food pantry that feeds low-income families with children, the elderly and disabled individuals
- Trolley Garden - planting and maintaining a flower garden near the Bethel Park trolley station
- March of Dimes - Leslii & Mike raised $750 in the May Walk-a-thon
- Red Cross - Huricane Katrina relief donations
- Gift Baskets - for various charities
- American Liver Foundation
- Many other projects past and currently
If you would like to nominate families or organizations for support by HTY, please contact Lesli.
Health Thru Yoga Studio, 3926 Willow Avenue, Castle Shannon, PA 15234 412-292-5167